Safety Tips for Anti Racist Counter Rallies and Protests
- Know Your Rights as a counter protester.
- Ride Sharing. Be kind and loving toward your fellow anti-racists, but be sensible and safe, too. Please offer to share rides/carpool with people coming from the same place, but use common sense: check out their Facebook, figure out who they are, get their phone numbers, and speak with them on the phone beforehand. Only let people into your car who you trust and feel safe with. Let's look out for each other!
- Do not bring weapons or any contraband--expect to get searched. Police intervention can include an order to disperse; arrests; or separating people. If the police intervene, follow directions, or you may be arrested.
- Look for NLG Legal Observers. They will be clearly identifiable by their neon green hats/visors that say 'National Lawyers Guild Legal Observer'.
- Dress Comfortably. Wear comfortable shoes and layered clothing.
- Get Creative.
- Don't go alone: take a friend, or go in a group. Have a plan to meet at a predetermined location in the event you get separated or your phone is lost or damaged.